21 February 2010

How About Those Olympics?

I grew up a fan of figure skating. For me, 1994 means two things: I graduated from high school and we had Tonya and Nancy. Ahh, the mid- to late 1990s were really skating's latest golden age, weren't they, Gentle Reader? Michelle Kwan's departure a few years ago, to me, signaled the end of that era.

Now...now we have that awkward building phase. Who will emerge as an elite-level skater with real staying power? Who won't bolt for the ranks of Stars on Ice after his or her or their first World gold or silver or after Olympic gold or silver or even bronze?

But while that's all going on, we'll always have those fabulous costumes to mock!

My skating may suck, but I'm not wearing the douchiest costume! Booyah!

If you need a laugh, check out NPR's review of some of the costumes sported thus far at the Olympics. Hilarious!

And if you need more of a laugh, go watch the Norwegian curling team. At least they embrace their absurdity.

(I'll get back to food posts soon, Gentle Reader. I promise.)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP