31 August 2010

Who Comes Up With This Crap?

As I'm sure you know very well by now, Gentle Reader, the boys and I don't eat out much at chain restaurants because the food offerings available at them are, in a word, revolting. But given all the rumblings and rantings and ravings about the "obesity epidemic" and "America's ever-expanding waistline" and all that "scare you into eating prepackaged 'diet' food that'll kill you just as easily as the other stuff, if maybe a little slower" food, it takes a lot of chutzpah to keep adding to the menu choices that not only are revolting but just...make a sane person wonder if somewhere in some back room there isn't a cabal of fast-food and casual-dining restaurant menu planners in a race to outdo one another in terms of revolting menu items.

I present to you, Gentle Reader, as Exhibit A:

Denny’s fried cheese Melt with wavy fries and marinara

It takes a real food genius to recognize the taste sensation that results when one sticks deep fat fried phony mozzarella sticks between two slices of phony American cheese that are between two slice of bleached-to-nutritional-nothingness white bread and smeared with that slap in the face to cows every, margarine. Oh! Don't forget the novelty fries and that Ronald Reagan-approved vegetable, ketchup!

Yummy.

If you haven't been revolted enough today, Gentle Reader, check out the Web posting (I refuse to call it an article because this ain't journalism any more than what I'm doing here is journalism) from which I learned about this monstrosity.
UPDATE
Since publishing this post about half an hour ago, the husband has bombarded me with follow-up tidbits about not only this abomination from Dennys but also about the revolting trend of sticking food in food for one's gluttonous yen. Since he first alerted me to the Dennys abomination, I feel compelled to pass along these other retched (yes, I intended that) finds.


I miss Xzibit and Pimp My Ride. Remember those heady days of financial irresponsibility when people could max out their credit cards on stupid things for their cars? Okay, that probably still happens, but I still miss Xzibit.

The husband also discovered that the fine folks at Wait Wait... are Don’t Tell Me are way ahead of this thing and will no doubt be mentioned on an upcoming show, maybe even this weekend. I tell ya, Gentle Reader, you can learn anything and everything from NPR. Where do I send my pledge?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP