19 June 2008

More Kitteny Goodness



Yeah, I know--I'm a crazy cat lady. But after all the rigamarole I went through to get that blink-and-you-miss-it video loaded yesterday, I wanted to put up some of the pictures (okay, all the pictures save two) of the kittens we've taken over the past...three weeks. They're just so friggin' adorable and playful! And because they're outside, I don't have to spend three hours cleaning up and chasing down and removing from drains their fur. (Don't ask. But right now let's just say my trio of indoor feline kids aren't too fond of me as they attempted to observe me in my cleaning fugue and were continually and rudely pushed away with a broom.)

Speaking of playful, check out what Deepak Chopra (yeah, I know, roll your eyes if you must) has to say about religion and laughter. I particularly enjoyed his observations about how tigers grow up reconciled and at peace with their ferocity whereas we humans heap upon ourselves guilt and shame and all kinds of emotional baggage about our various innate potentials.

Perhaps if I have time tomorrow (still have to clean the bathrooms before the kiddo and my mom arrive), I'll add another post about my culinary misadventures. I'm making a new chicken curry tonight--from scratch, not from a mix!--and may make some sambar. Or a pair of chocolate and hazelnut no-bake cookie recipes. I can't decide. Not that we need more cookies after the brown sugar-cinnamon biscotti I made on Father's Day and the containers of chocolate chip cookie bars and caramel cloud bars I brought in that night and the Snickers ice cream cake I made Tuesday before my interview. (There's a blog I've been meaning to write--how to make a delicious mess from a decades-old recipe.)

By the way, big shout-out to my sister-in-law for introducing me to Slide.com. Check out her far more entertaining blog about her adventures in Israel, complete with pictures and video!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP