16 July 2009

Getting Closer....

Remember, Gentle Reader, how I said I probably wouldn't hit the 2,000-mile mark by the time my one-year anniversary of tracking my running mileage with Nike+? Remember how I said I'd nevertheless try like hell to do it?

Yeah, I'm true to my word!


I still don't think I'm going to hit 2,000 miles by July 28. For starters, I just don't have the time. Secondly, I've noticed that when I ride my bike to the gym, my running pace drops from about 8:05 min./mile to 8:18 min./mile, which makes the run not quite so fun and more frustrating.

But do you know what does help, Gentle Reader? New shoes. This week, I started sporting a new pair of running shoes, and wowee! what a difference! My feet feel like they're floating--it's so sweet.

Well, 12 days left. Let's see how far I can get!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP