11 November 2009

Shameless Plug

In my Halloween post, I shared with you, Gentle Reader, pictures of the cupcakes and cake lollipops my dear friend, the world's greatest Spin instructor and, now, professional baker made for me and the boys. I mentioned at the time that I could not share her enterprise's Web site for it was not yet up.

Well, that's now changed!

The moment you finish reading this post, get yer arse over to SweetTreetsAustin.com. No, Gentle Reader, I take that back. Strap on a bib or strip off your shirt and then get yer eyeballs over to SweetTreetsAustin.com. Trust me, you'll be glad you took that shirt-protecting measure because the pictures Jackie's posted of her goodies are guaranteed to make you drool.

Not only do these little cake creations look incredible, but they taste incredible too. No Betty Crapper or Dinky Hines just-add-water muck here! And certainly no whipped, tastes-like-Crisco fluff atop them either. That's real buttercream frosting you see, Gentle Reader--enough so to make Paula Deen give a "Yeehah!" of pride.

Yeah, that Paula Deen, patron saint of atherosclerosis.

But I digress. (Not that I don't enjoy poking fun at Madame du Beurre whenever I can. She's an easy target for someone like me. And yes, I am that pathetic.)

My birthday is next Wednesday, and I'm anxious to know what cupcake I might receive. When she asked what kind I liked, I asked if she'd ever whipped up a carrot cake or a spice cake or even a zucchini cake--and at the time, she'd just earlier that day chucked a bunch of either carrot cake cupcakes or zucchini cupcakes from a large batch she'd whipped up for work because she didn't have room for them in her freezer and sure as hell didn't need them sitting around tempting her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she might have needed to whip up another batch of any of those three flavors and set one aside for me.

Speaking of birthdays, I've already placed my order for some extra-special Sweet Treets for the husband for his birthday. Granted, that's not until January, but I have no doubt they'll be very special.

And if you're lucky enough to live in the Austin area, Gentle Reader, keep Sweet Treets in mind the next time you need some delicious, artful cupcakes for some event or just for the hell of it. You will not regret placing an order for your own Sweet Treets. Well, maybe you will if you scarf down the whole order all by yourself....

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP