04 June 2009

Kicking Off Summer

Today at noon, the boy ends his kindergarten year, which means summer begins for us here at Chez Boeckman-Walker. To mark the end of the year, the boy gifted his teacher with some lovely flowers and a thank-you card he wrote and designed all by himself.


I'm not sure how the kiddo is feeling about the end of the school year. He's excited, I think, about getting to stay with his grandparents (all of 'em), and I think he's a little sad about not getting to see his friends every day. He's also excited about being a first grader and attending Harmony next year, and I think he realizes he won't be seeing the same faces from kindergarten at the new school.

Oh well. Such things I don't need to worry about now. I have other things to worry about.

Since this morning I have one fewer obligation to juggle than I will come tomorrow, I thought I'd try to get another template up for the blog. As much as I liked the chili pepper motif, I didn't like that my posts were squeezed into such a narrow text field. This new template gives me more post display space, so, uh, woohoo!

I'm still trying to get the new header image to display correctly. It's not your imagination that there's a red line through the blog description, which is also a new element. That red line has a long story, which I won't bore you with, Gentle Reader. Needless to say, I hope to make it go away soon.

Well, I've got bikes to load into the car and swim trunks to track down and snacks to prepare before I pick up the boy at noon and take him out to the park with the nice biking trails, spider web-like playscape and sprinkler park. It's going to be a busy afternoon before we all head to Pei Wei for a kindergarten graduation supper. Yum!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP