12 August 2009

The Big Two-Triple Oh

I did it, Gentle Reader. I did it.

If you're clueless, let Nike tell you what I did:


Yeah, that's right, Gentle Reader: I've officially logged 2,000 miles of running. Unofficially, I've run that and more, but as far as Nike+ is concerned, I just today hit that milestone.

And I'm frickin' thrilled!

But not just for hitting that big-ass number! I had my quarterly weigh-in yesterday, and while I did put on 2.5 pounds since my last visit, I only managed to drop my total body fat percentage to 9.9 percent. Yeah, that's right, Gentle Reader--I've got the total body fat percentage of an Olympic athlete.

As for those 2.5 pounds I put on, that's muscle mass and some water, which my nutritionist figures is stored in the additional muscle mass. I lost seven pounds of fat mass and added nine pounds of fat-free mass and about half a pound of water. Which means the only way to lose those added pounds is probably to get sick and be unable to eat much, drink much or run much--and I'll pass on that opportunity, thank you very much.

Y'know, never in my life had I imagined I'd be in such terrific shape. I've taken more than a minute off my average running pace (which isn't reflected in that number Nike+ put up for the average over 2,000 miles), I'm largely free of pain (at least of any pain associated with running--returning to teaching yoga has put my left QL in some hurt) and my body composition numbers look...incredible for someone who's my age, height and health/fitness history.

Heh, now the pressure's really on to keep myself here. That's enough to make me want to hurl at times, but most of the time I'm trying to be somewhat calm. I mean, I know what I need to do, and there's only so much I can do. I can't control time and space, so I can only go with the flow and enjoy the hell out of it while I'm flowin'.

But, damn, that's still really cool. This former fat girl can run!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP