10 May 2009

M Is for the Many Ways She Warped Me....

While I posted earlier about my reason to feel worthy of celebration this Mother's Day, I wanted to share with you, Gentle Reader, what my son thinks of me.


Isn't this thing just a hoot! I'm not sure which I love more--the fetching ensemble the boy has drawn me in or that he perceives one of the things I like to do most is work at the computer.

While I've never in my adult life worn fuschia pants (can't recall when I haven't worn any pants that weren't black, grey or an earthen tone), I'm intrigued that he opted to draw me wearing such...festive colors. I'm just not a festive dresser. And while I do spend a lot of time at my computer, I guess I need to either complain more when I'm there or--who'd a'thunk it!--spend less time at it because I'm concerned he thinks it to be one of the things I like to do. Running? Cooking? Knitting? Reading? Batman? No, I guess those things I enjoy doing don't register with him.

Then again, he's probably just making a statement about my neglectful, negligent mothering. Yeah, that's probably it.

Hmm, I guess this school work about dear 'ol Mommy doesn't really say a whole lotta good things about me, or at least how I'm perceived by my son. But at least he got my name and age right. I'm sure there are moms out there who wouldn't be thrilled that their children know their ages. Me, I'm not that vain.

Well, not that vain.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comments:

Melissa May 10, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Happy Mother's Day! I dig the artwork. Very colorful outfit indeed. Hope you had a great day!

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP