11 August 2008

Agony

Do you know what agony is, Gentle Reader?

Do you know what suffering is, Gentle Reader?

Do you know what can bring The Faudie low early on a Monday morning?

Discovering that the best darn athletic shoes she's ever owned have been discontinued. Just when she really needs a replacement pair (her third) because she's more than surpassed the 3,000 mile-replacement milestone on her current pair.

(If you doubt me, Gentle Reader, check out my Nike+ chart to the right. In the two weeks I've owned my Nike+ sportsband, I've logged almost 45 miles--and I've actually been slacking on the treadmill. My current pair of running shoes I've had since...January or February, I think. You do the math, Gentle Reader.)

So I guess this means if I'm going to get new shoes before The Human Race, I'll have to cart my happy arse down to Karavel for a fitting for a comparable replacement. And then I'm probably going to follow the advice of my friend the World's Greatest Spin Instructor and track down a discount pair online as a backup.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP