11 August 2008

Bienvenue Chez Boeckman-Walker, Lumpy!

Lumpy est arrive! Lumpy sont ici!

(One of these days, Gentle Reader, I will insert the code to put the accents in my butchered French. But not today. Sorry.)

For you non-Francophiles, Lumpy has arrived! Lumpy is in da house!

Around 1:45, the truck from Giant Appliances pulled up in front of the house, and the changing 'o the ovens began.


In very short time, 'ol Lady Kenmore was pulled from her berth in the kitchen, filth and all.



For a mercifully brief moment, the kitchen featured two ovens. But those ovens were like ships passing in the night. (Thank the FSM for small favors.)



A quick dab of some plumber's putty, a turn or two of a wrench and a good 'ol heave-ho and Lumpy was right at home.



Of course, Lumpy had to be inspected by the requisite parties of interest.



And here's Lumpy all cleaned up and ready to get to work.


As I mentioned several photos back, 'ol Lady Kenmore was hiding quite the filth pile behind her. I quickly nabbed the dustpan and broom and swept up what I could. What I wouldn't give to know how in the world three peppermint discs came to be unwrapped and stuck (probably permanently) to the floor so far back under her--and that's after I'd cleaned up two or three a few months back when I mistakenly cleaned up her storage drawer thinking I was cleaning up the broiler. In addition to dust balls, icky candy and a lost catnip mousey, I found a few other treasures:


So that's what happened to the second of a pair of kimono lady salt and pepper shakers! Methinks somebody had better stock up on Crazy Glue for this repair job.


Now as I promised when I first posted about Lumpy's acquisition, here's a photo of one of the reasons how Lumpy came to have its name:



You may not be able to see it, depending on how your LCD is set, Gentle Reader, but you're looking at a photo of the top left-hand corner of Lumpy's control console, where it took some kind of damage and was repaired by GE with some kind of putty and paint in a job that looks like I did the work. So, yeah, Lumpy has some lumps. It just adds character--its vital functions are just fine, which is all that matters to me and mine.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP