31 August 2008

Doomsday


Yup, it's finally here. Time to see if I can do what I do on a treadmill on the streets. In the evening (I run in the morning). In the heat (I like my treadmill with its built-in fans).

If you want to see if I died somewhere along the course, Gentle Reader, you can check Austin's local TV stations:

and last but certainly not, our favorite:
The local pay-for-it rag, the Austin American-Satan along with its affiliate, Austin360.com, has a piece up already on today's race. The local free rag, the Austin Chronicle, doesn't appear to have anything.

If you have a moment today, Gentle Reader, offer a few meatballs or mantras or a nice glass of chianti to the FSM in hopes that it will smile down on me and let me be able to run the whole race. No fast walking. All running. I know I should be able to do it. Can I do it? I'm going to try like hell to make sure nothing stops me from running every bit of those 10 kilometers. That's all I would really like to get out of this.

Well, that and to be able to walk to the husband's car afterwards....

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP