30 January 2009

The Amazing FUBAR Blanket

Hey, Gentle Reader, what's made of a long piece of string, three shades of pink and shaped like an equilateral triangle with one point lopped off?

Why, it's the amazing FUBAR blanket!

Pretty pathetic, non? I worked about a month on this sucker, putting in 204 rows of carefully tracked knitting and purling. Still managed to fuck it up beyond all recognition.

Yeah yeah, I know. If I'd paid attention to the gauge, I would have realized I was screwing up. If I'd used the same kind of yarn for the whole project, I wouldn't have mucked this up. But doing so was impossible--and that's what I get for buying clearance yarn not once but twice and then having to resort to buying a third brand.

Sadly, this blanket was going to be a gift for someone. Now...now I don't even think it's fit for my feline kids.

Gads. I suck.

2 comments:

Melissa February 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Hey, I think it looks good! I don't really believe in gauge either. That's probably why nothing I ever make turns out the right size. I just don't have the patience to make a gauge swatch!

Anyway, I tried that salmon with sweet chili sauce from your blog. It was great! And ridiculously simple which I always love.

Have guys heard yet that it looks like we will be departing from Israel quite a bit earlier than expected? Like in the next two to four months!

Sarah Naseem Walker February 1, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Ahh, you don't have to say such things about the amazing FUBAR blanket. It looks warped and pathetic--the picture really doesn't do its pathetic-ness justice. It's so sad a blanket that the cats won't even go near it despite it being folded up nicely on the coffee table--and they usually can't resist sitting atop neatly folded (or in the case of the comics, stacked) things atop the coffee table.

But I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who forgoes gauge! I'm just not terribly keen on measuring stuff (well, except when it comes to cooking). I see the gauge guides in the patterns and on the skeins and I'm like, "Meh. Screwing up is part of the adventure of knitting!"

I'm so glad you enjoyed the sweet chili salmon! That's some damn good stuff--and, yes, ridiculously easy to make.

I did hear you and Phil will be departing Israel much earlier than originally expected. Did Greg not email you to congratulate you on the good news? Undoubtedly not. I'll have to smack him for being such a lazybones. I set up email on his laptop for a reason--and it wasn't just so he could get his silly Star Wars emails on his own system. Sheesh....

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP