12 January 2009

Frustrations



Oh yeah, you're reading that right, Gentle Reader. I've logged more than 700 miles since late July.

Actually, add an additional 9 miles to the total you see in the image. I logged a little over 9 miles last Monday, but thus far I haven't been able to upload them to my Nike+ account because my friggin' Nike+ sportsband is in its final death throes. Yes, my much-loved but poorly designed sportsband's USB connector is no longer recognized by any of the three computers here at Chez Boeckman-Walker. By some magic late last week, I got my computer to recognize it and upload the 18 or more miles I had sitting on it, but the 9 I did last Monday? No magic has materialized to allow me to get those miles uploaded.

So what's a runner addicted to her little toys to do? Well, since Nike hasn't released the allegedly promised sportsband 2.0 (per the Bettysport salesperson I spoke with back in October) hasn't yet materialized, I opted to run to the Apple Store at The Domain last Tuesday and score myself a Nike + iPod sport kit. Which means I have to plug this little...thing into my gym iPod. Except I can't because the awesome case I have for it that does a superb job of protecting it from sweaty 'ol me doesn't have an opening for this attachment.

So, again, what's a runner addicted to her little toys to do? Well, she grabs out her old gym iPod and now goes to the gym armed with not one but two iPods.

Cumbersome? Yeah, a tad. Ridiculous? Yeah, a tad. But I'm getting my miles logged, which makes me very happy.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP