20 January 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

Another post from the husband:

To celebrate the inauguration of Barack Obama (you may have heard of him), we made a Chicago-style deep dish pizza for supper tonight.


Yeah, I've made this before. But today's pie was better thanks to a Bialetti pizza baking stone set, a Mario Batali pizza wheel and, oh yeah, a better resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.


This sounds corny to say, but I've got to think that President Obama can't help but make the world a better place for our kid to grow up in. (Don't prove me wrong, Barack!)

Anyway, the pizza really did come out nicely. The crust was that perfect crunchy/spongy texture I remember from the one genuine Chicago-style pizza I've had. I think the pizza stone really did the trick.

Not a bad way to kick off the new administration, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Melissa January 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Yay, for OBAMA!!!! We were able to watch the inauguration here on TV. Unfortunately the only news station we get here is Fox News, so we had to listen to them blather and their senseless drivel as well. But yay, OBAMA! Like you, we just hope he doesn't prove us all wrong. But seriously, how much MORE damage could the man actually do?

Nice looking pizza bro! Pizza stones are the bomb!

Happy inauguration day!

Sarah Naseem Walker January 21, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

Everyone here at Chez Boeckman-Walker was ready for the inauguration. Yesterday morning, the boy and I were at the breakfast table whilst his father finished getting ready for work. The boy turned to me and asked, "Is George Bush still the president?"

"Only for a few more hours," I replied.

The boy then half-moaned and half-groaned. "I don't like him very much," he lamented.

I laughed quietly. "You're not the only one."

That's really, really too bad you only could watch Faux News! I wish we could block that channel from the DVR, but alas, we don't have that option.

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP