24 January 2009

And You Thought the Snuggie Was Silly

I can't tell you how many times I've been subjected to the commercial for the Snuggie, the blanket with sleeves so you can veg on the couch and never disturb your blanket placement to do such pesky things as use the TV remote, answer the phone or feed your face. It's on all the damn time when I'm on the treadmill, especially so when I'm running my 10 miles at the gym on Saturdays.

Is it just me, or does this ridiculous thing remind you of that robe Exedor wore on Mork and Mindy?
See what I mean?

Well, as utterly absurd as the Snuggie is, I've found something that tops it in terms of sheer absurdity. Gentle Reader, I present to you...leg warmers!
If you find yourself pondering making yourself or someone you love (or really, really loathe) a pair of these ridiculous things, I have a bit of advice for you:
Get a cat!

I escaped from beneath this feline pile-on for fear that (a) my legs would be forever crushed and (b) I'd sweat to death despite the near-freezing temperatures outside. Trust me, you won't need leg warmers ever if you get yourself a cat or three and experience temperatures below, say, 50 degrees.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP