21 March 2009

And I Keep Doing This Why?


I have to admit, Gentle Reader, that hitting this milestone so quickly is quite shocking. Running these past two weeks has been...well, painful doesn't quite fully capture the experience. Awkward is a good one. A new dysfunctional experience every time also comes close. Damn sartorius....

But the good news is that I have an appointment with the sports med doc I saw a few years back when I couldn't put up with my left knee pain. I have a good idea of what's wrong with my right quad, but I need professional help (ha!) to put it back to rights so I can run without feeling like my entire right leg's been replaced by an old pirate's wooden peg leg.

Ahh well, mustn't dwell on it too much. I've got 11 miles to run today, and I find that if I fret about my run before I get on that treadmill, coping with the ever-changing dysfunction is all the more difficult. I look forward to being able to run and not be completely obsessed with how my right foot is landing every single frickin' time it lands.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP