28 March 2009

Look What I Can Do Now With String!

I'm now a two-trick pony, Gentle Reader!

In just two and a half hours (give or take), last night I learned how to chain, single crochet and double crochet. And what's nifty is that unlike when I took the Knitting 101 class at the local JoAnn's store, I left with a sampler that actually looked like something. Rock!

Of course, now that I've learned some basics for crocheting, that means I have even more projects available to me. Not that I don't already have, like, half a dozen knitting projects on my to-do list.... But amigurumi are so adorable--especially the demented ones! And I'm sure the boys'll want me to make them some Jedi amigurumi.

Well, since I've had to cut back on my running, I have a bit more time available to me at home that I would otherwise have spent at the gym, so I guess I'd best get my needles and hooks and rear in gear.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP