24 March 2009

Stressed? Yes! Fractured? Mmm...maybe?

Wanna hear (er, read) about my oh so fun Tuesday thus far, Gentle Reader? Sure you do!

So I had my appointment with a sports doc (well, his P.A.) this morning, the same doc who diagnosed my lateral patellar tracking and IT overuse issue on my left side back in 2005. After barely getting through six miles yesterday, I was praying Camille would offer me some hopeful news about what's going on with my sartorius and other fun parts of my right leg.

Heh....

I'm going in a few minutes for an MRI to rule out a stress fracture in the femoral neck area. Given how tender certain places were on my right leg this morning when Camille palpated them and given the pretty noticeable limp I had (which has since largely resolved after 45 minutes of Spinning just now), she was concerned I might be dealing with a stress fracture. She also said the tenderness could just be from the tendonitis, which she said I'm definitely dealing with--but she wanted to be sure.

However the MRI turns out, I'm off running great distances probably for a while (suck an elf!), and I'll be having some fun PT to get my leg back into rights (joy). But at least for now I'm not hobbling on a crutch or cane, which Camille highly recommended I acquire while I'm limping.

Ugh...

Better go dry my hair, get dressed and figure out if I can remove my navel ring. Wouldn't want that sucker heating up while I'm in the machine!

UPDATE
The MRI tech said he didn't notice anything glaring, and I can call and get a copy of the report on Friday or so. The report and images will go to my doc sometime tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll get a call from Camille or the doc himself if there is a fracture.

Lemme tell you one thing, an MRI is a nice excuse for a little midday catnap in a big magnetic donut hole. However, I'm not chomping at the bit to do one again. I had to remove my navel ring, which hasn't been out since it went in in November 2002. I had to frantically track down instructions online for removing the silly thing--and that was the easy part. Putting the sucker back in--not entirely pleasant. And getting the iddy biddy ball back in place was a total pain in the arse, lemme tell you, Gentle Reader.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP