06 September 2008

Foto Fun

My official photographers (i.e., the boys) were unable to capture me crossing the finish line at last weekend's Human Race, but luckily the event's official photographers did so. And now they want me to buy some photos--some of which appear more like pages torn from some old Where's Waldo? book.

If you want a laugh, check out the page of photos I've been solicited to buy. I can confirm my presence in four of them (I'm the sweaty blonde without her top on). The others? Not so much. I am for sure not in the concert photos since I was well on my way home or already there by the time John Legend took the stage.

Speaking of Races....
For all my bitchin' and moanin' and fussin' preceding the Human Race, you'd think I'd never enter another 10K. And after it was over, I told myself I wouldn't.

Heh, that didn't last long. I've got my eye on one or two this fall.

And from what I read Friday, such a reaction seems perfectly natural. Here's Murakami on what goes through his mind when he's running a marathon (he has close to 30 under his timing chip):

"...whenever I run a marathon my mind goes through the same exact process. Up to nineteen miles I'm sure I can run a good time, but past twenty-two miles I run out of fuel and start to get upset at everything. And at the end I feel like a car that's run out of gas. But after I finish and some time has passed, I forget all the pain and misery and am already planning how I can run an even better time in the next race. The funny this is, no matter how much experience I have under my belt, no matter how old I get, it's all just a repeat of what came before."
So, Gentle Reader, I guess that means if I keep running and blogging and you keep reading, you're just going to have to put up with the bitchin' and moanin' and whinin'.

2 comments:

Melissa September 7, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

Hmmmmmm.....that's how I used to feel when I used to do Hot Yoga. I felt like dying for the entire hour and a half, but as soon as it was over I was scheduling my next class. I totally get it. I miss Hot Yoga actually....but somehow it's not as appealing here as it was in Portland. Hmmmmmmmmmm? I can't imagine why?

Sarah Naseem Walker September 7, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

Yeah, hot yoga in a very hot climate really defeats the purpose of cranking up the thermostat in the yoga studio. That's why I have to laugh sometimes at my Ashtangi friends who don't realize that they'd get the "Mysore experience" doing Primary Series (or whichever series) in the parking lot or any room without the air conditioner turned on from May through...oh, October here in Tejas.

Oh well, I much as I just love the heat, I don't mind largely skipping winter. The FSM help me if I ever had to move farther north than Austin!

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP