28 September 2008

Yummy Mummies

I think it's fair to say that male members of the human species have certain base needs. The two male humans living at Chez Boeckman-Walker are no exception. Every now and then, I indulge them in their base needs. I'll let the husband tell you about the latest indulgence.

It's never too early to start celebrating the best holiday of the year. So this morning we put up the Halloween decorations and pulled a recipe from the Taste of Home Halloween Food and Fun issue from which we got the recipe for our Canadian curry. On today's lunch menu: mummies on a stick.

I'm not going to provide the recipe for these, 'cause they're not that complicated. All you need for this party are some hot dogs and a package of prefab breadsticks. (Bamboo skewers on which to impale the hot dogs are optional. But skewering meat byproducts shaped into tubes is fun.)

That's me in the photo, wrapping a wiener, just in case you couldn't tell.

And what of the finished product? Well, I'll let the little guys speak for themselves:


With a little ketchup on the side, the boy and I made ourselves bloody mummies for lunch. Not very authentic as far as mummies go, but tasty nonetheless.

1 comments:

Melissa September 29, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Nice Mummies. I'm impressed Bro.

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP